Tuesday, January 15, 2008

With Students in Shanghai

Brrr.......cold Shanghai was a challenge to our touring schedule and our bodies, but we made the most of it. I managed to upload this pictures in anotehr Internet cafe in the city after considerable problems with blocking on this blog by the Chinese servers. So, folks, it is ture -- China does have imposed a lot of restrictions on Internet access. The Internet cafe was mostly full with over 200 young men playing video games, watching videos and listening to music. Smoke filled the drak room and a big guy situated himself behind me and Karen (another professor from the ship) while we tried to write email, chat online and post to our blogs... Brrr..
I will spend time tomorrow, hopefully, transcribing my notes from our stay in China. One bottom line lesson tonight, though: I am going to have to re-think a lot of what I have been teaching my students concerning international business! China has re-written all the rules!!!

No comments: