Friday, April 18, 2008

April 18 - The end of the voyage has come....And another one in September?

The seas have been very rough and the sky is grey... Rain is falling and we all feel so sad...
here was very little partying last night. The students said this morning that it is the sea is signaling for us to get off the ship :)

Tonight we will have our closing ceremonies and I am sure we will see even more tears. The faculty is trying to keep their spirits up but I can feel that so many of us are torn between wanting to spend time with others while already making the shift to that tomorrow holds for each one of them...

I am off to New York City to see my kids and hopefully spend a week of vacation. My hope is that I will be bale to come back to this blog and update it with all the photos and writings I have not been able to post throughout the voyage. The big question will be -- will I feel like re-living the voyage so soon after "coming back to earth"?

We had a re-entry consultant come on board the ship to help us deal with the range of emotions and reactions we are and will be experiencing. Research shows that many people after an experience like ours have a difficult time adjusting. They have problems with wanting to tell their story while forgetting that their beloved ones have had also their own stories unfolding at the same time and may not have the inclination to be a passive listener to the "amazing times" the travelers had...

We shall see...

Meanwhile, I am smiling because I have been told I have been selected to go on The Scholar Ship's next voyage!!! Portugal, Panama, Ecuador, New Zealand, Australia, and China - here I come!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Clarisse,
Great to see you "keeping up" your blog. I hope that your journey home went well. It was such a mad dash at the end. I got home late last night after an arduous journey. Spent a few wonderful days in Amsterdam. Shared a hotel with Pat, Cherine, Chris and Amanda.
Well, it all begins again. Give a call when you have a moment.
510-928-6666 (c) or 510/540-5725.
Thanks for sharing a great adventure.
xx Thea